Friday, December 18, 2009

Wintry storm churns toward Northeast

According to the National Weather Service, a winter storm warning was in effect for the East Coast metropolitan areas. This storm may cause chaos for all the Christmas shoppers and travelers. Air travelers are encouraged to arrive at the airport two hours prior to their scheduled departure. And if you're traveling by car, there are many precautions that should be taken. Map out where you're going and let friends or family know when you plan to arrive and what route you're taking. The snow will continue to fall; Washington is expecting as much as two feet of snow and blizzard conditions are possible for Long Island.

This article is similar to the one I blogged about last week, and my opinion has not changed much. I am still anxiously awaiting our first big snowstorm here in Alexandria! But as much as I would like a snowy Christmas, I would rather have safe traveling. I hope all the places that are currently experiencing this storm can stay safe. Drivers need to realize how important it is to be cautious in these wintry conditions. I think it's a great idea for drivers to map out their route ahead of time and let friends and family know when they plan to arrive. I also hope the airlines can continue safely flying. I just hope everyone is able to get to their designated destinations for Christmas!




http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/12/18/wintry.weather/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

No comments:

Post a Comment